Saturday, December 29, 2007

Harri's start


THIS is where it started for me. I had some storebought chileplants in my past, most of which died from overwatering or cold air, but these are the first chiles I've grown from seeds and they all are still alive!

Of course it's a good way to start by buying a greenhouse grown chile, but it doesn't give the same kind of satisfaction as growing your own chiles from seeds.

In the picture there's two Cheyenne's (C. annuum), one Dutch chile (C. annuum), two Piri-piris (C. annuum) and one Naga Morich (C. chinense). Cheyenne seeds I got from a greenhouse grown plant, dutch chile seeds are from chiles sold in local supermarkets, piri-piri seeds are from chiles that came with a Jamie Oliver mortal and pestle and the Naga Morich seeds I ordered from Fatalii.

There are many good seedsellers on the web, and maybe we'll start selling seeds sometime in the near future.

No comments: